London Ivy - The Cross Over

Thursday 15 April 2010 Leave a Comment


I've always found it refreshing when listening to new material to see that the artist that has created the product has stepped outside the box.

Being in and around music I hear a lot different styles, Pop, Jazz, R&B, Funky, Grime, Soul, Hip Hop the lot... and when you hear a good quality mixtape you dont actually tend to have to listen to each song for that long to know it has been produced and put together well.

The reason I say this because I won't blog material I don't feel is worth blogging, no one wants to read a review about how shit a song or mixtape was thats something you can do in 140 characters on twitter. But there's a collective of people that I have followed for a while and remained intreged about in terms of their music, and London Ivy is one of them.

I emailed him a good few weeks ago about what he was doing with his music after he sent me his remix of 50 cents baby by me and he told me about him releasing a mixtape to I was quite excited to see what he's come up with as he's being introduced as a new artist in the scene. He has a good team around him and immense support espesh from Sweetheart Shan :) and without even listening to the mixtape I know he will do well.

If your into UK rap, this is a decent mixtape, it's been well put together as well as some very good features from Wizzy Wow, G frsh, Shimmy Styles and Tippaly whom have all released mixtapes recently as well as Benni Bizzle, Double S, Calibar and Cell22.


The Cross Over, I think this intro, when you listen to it he almost raps with this sincere voice, like hes talking to you as if you're in the room with him. Like hes tryna chirps gal on on the phone... #pause LOL nah I'm joking he has this constant flow in his voice when is quite nice really. London Ivy, If you dont know his name you'll be singing it after you've listened to this track. Stoned in Saturn is one of my favorite songs till this day because it was actually the first song that introduced me to Ivy, produced by Wizzy Wow smart use of auto tune never gets too old. Bennie Bizzle breaks up 'I was born to do this' really well, which gives the song nice clout he also has some freestyles on the mixtape which evens it out really well. Gotta let you go, Dymunds has got a sweet voice and the song itself reminds me of my current post of QMG Part 6, I hate to be cliche but it does. Seat back love is a real rock to it track featuring the original flow farda Double S, its a nice lover track. Road to the blocks, I like this track, each artist on this track is unique in their own way which makes it stand out. Ivy has a constant flow when he raps, Tippaly almost has this real 'english' accent when he raps, Shimmy Styles has a very hip hop delivery, and Wizzy Wow has always been a G on the auto tune.

If you aint into UK rap or haven't been too convienced about whether you like it or not, this is a good mixtape to start with. It's soft but that doesn't take anything away from the product itself. You hear Ivy stays true to his style throughout the whole mixtape, and consistancy is something I find many artists, artists in general find differcult to do. I would recommed you download it. The link is: http://limelinx.com/files/d88ea41498b2f3ebf3b88f8e4a338e28 and with nearly 2000 downloads after it being up for a few days I think Ivy is gonna have a good following after this Mixtape.

Download it and lemme know your thoughts...

0 comments »

Leave your response!