Hammer - Hurricane City

Tuesday 22 September 2009 Leave a Comment


Now I feel so bad that this wasn't the first review I did! So I need to apologise to hammer for that! I never have settled too well with listening to a whole Grime cd coz I feel like I might wanna slit my wrists at some point. *no pun intended* but I did actually settle with this mixtape so it was all good!
Gonna get mad - this is such a great track to start off with, its fun and sort of gimicky (in a good way)So yeah good start!
Hurricane - I don't quite get the lyrics to this, or it might be just me. My ear drums need a huge rest from music so please correct me me if I'm wrong (for insurance let me please not that EVERYTHING ELSE I UNDERSTAND! Its just the first bit :D) 'one two one there's a hurricane and its already gone through they charge us but they don't charge you' am I wrong lol please tell me! Anyway! Jammer and Hammer (lol that rhymes look at that) have both distinctive voices which really work well together. Now the remix to this I heard a while back when hammer sent it to me and I was not expecting it to sound like that at all!!! I was kinda shocked I didn't really like it at first but only for the reason that I expected more funky rather than scooter ibiza riddim but it did grow on me and I do like it now and I actually play it while getting ready in the mornings *always a good sign* it sort of reminds me of kevin and perry go large (if you aint seen it! BIG BOY FILM!)
Players get lonely too - as soon as I heard this it kinda reminded me of ironiks 'stay with me' part from the fact I actually like this, its nice :)
Releasing Thoughts - HAMMER! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID! ITS A LOVE SONG! Lmao! I thought my ears where defying me so I went on http://www.online-dictonary.com/ and checked out 'love song' definition: a song about love or expressing love for another person... Did you not do that? Well... Technically you did, your talking about a relationship and what sounds like a buggaboo of a girlfriend buh SAME TING! Any how its a really nice track... You have props nice track...Stinking - YEAH HEH YEAH HEH!!!!! If you do not like that track you are 'STINKING' lmao!!!! This track actually got me so HYPE! (Don't ask) anyway... Its sort of like my HYPE HYPE/POW track of the year! I don't care what you lot think! That's why its on MY blog! :) At least we all know that Skepta likes Jazzie, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Lmao! Ahhhhh man! I don't think you lot quite know how much I like this track! Too much! But then again I'm a bit of a nutta anyway! Anyway NUFF SAID! SNM! LOVES IT! MY FAVOURITE TRACK ON THE MIXTAPE!
I really like this mixtape, its fun, energetic, there's more than one genre of music on here so it can appeal to just about anyone. It sort of sounds like its been effortlessly put together. So ill give it a 8 of 10. I'm just intrigued to see what you come up with next. But if you aint got it... Get it and lemme know what you think too :)
NOTE TO HAMMER: I am madly slow! But I now understand your email address *SMH* lol!

0 comments »

Leave your response!